An experienced social worker of some 20 years, Janet has extensive knowledge of the NSW aged care system.
Janet’s experience includes working with:
- Northern Sydney Commonwealth Respite & Carelink Centre, coordinating both in-home respite and residential respite,
- Stroke Recovery Association of NSW as a rural coordinator
- Catholic Care coordinating disability respite
- Side by Side Advocacy providing disability advocacy
- HammondCare providing social work services in a palliative care setting.
This experience has enabled Janet to appreciate and understand the complex needs of both the older person requiring support and their family and carers.
Janet is passionate about the right of older people to make their own choices.
The qualities that define Janet’s approach are:
- Listening to the client
- Respecting the client’s wishes
- Individualised solutions tailored to the client’s needs and wishes
- Determined advocacy to achieve the best outcome for the client.